Sunday, March 23, 2008

YouTube for Memories

Although I don't necessarily agree with the decision YouTube is blocked at school for teachers. I understand blocking it for students but I question blocking it for teachers and yes, admin. too.

Yes, YouTube sure is waste of bandwidth and storage on those YouTube servers but there are some occasional Gems out there. Although it doesn't really fit with the 3-5 curriculum I could see a MS teacher using some of the videos posted by the user Nostalgic TV.

If I were teaching a unit on the depression I would be sure to show at little a few of the Little Rascals videos posted on YouTube. Not only do they bring back some childhood memories of my own they also give a student a peek into American culture from the 30s and 40s.

Here is a link to an education related one....called Bored of Education.

Enjoy as long as you are at home and while you are at YouTube see if you can find other videos that might fit your curriculum.

No comments: