Thursday, August 21, 2008

Google Teacher Academy

Well, I finally did it. I have wanted to go to the Google Teacher Academy since it started...but they have always been too far away. In September they have one in Chicago and I think that is about as close as they will get to Cinci. People have raved about the one day event and I really want to be a part of it....not just for the knowledge but for the professional network Google Certified Teachers....I want to be a part of that.

Part of the entry involved a video....I was over the time limit, but I hope that isn't a HUGE strike against me.

2 comments:

David Quattrone said...

This was ccol, and I thought the AYP video was great. Who knew?!

We had an inspiring summer workshop at the beginning of the summer, and I've been experimenting with blog-style newsletters and related media ever since.

I experimented with Keynote, which is slcker than Powerpoint but at this point still harder to use to communicate with the PC world. It just is so easy to use the built in mike and camera with the Mac. But it then proves harder to embed in the FrontPage world. Google seems like a good option. Tell me more. I have been intrigued by various third party applications like Authorstrem, Camtasia, and Animoto.

tech guy said...

David-
Thanks for the comment on the blog. I don't post as much as I once did, but hope to get back into it. I made a post that upset a number of parents. My comment was taken the wrong way and the episode made me a little wary of speaking my mind, knowing that anyone can find you even when you don't really ID yourself.
I'll try to email you via Marian since there is a good chance you will never see this comment.