Thursday, October 25, 2007

How did you score the QRA tests?

I have this great piece of software that I think everyone might be able to make more use of. Remark Office OMR is the software that we purchased last year to help us get our QRA scored. The software is basically a software based version of a scantron sheet. It compares images scanned by the copier and makes detailed records of what it finds. So a teacher could give a test with a bubble sheet and essentially use the software and copier to grade the tests. Sounds good...because it can really save you some. But the real power of the software is what it can do with the results that you would probably never take the time to do yourself. It will generate different types of item analyses for you. If I were still a classroom teacher I would try to use this for every test I gave. I know what your saying....the types of questions are limited, right. Well, not really. Multiple choice questions are objectives items that the student bubbles in themselves. You can also create an answer sheet that includes subjective items. Basically the student would right their answer and you would bubble in the appropriate amount of point to award to the student. If you would like to make use of this software for your testing, please let me know. I would be happy to help get you started. 5th grade science and 4th grade reading is making great use of this software.

No comments: