Thursday, October 25, 2007

Song of the Week 10.25.07

Someone asked how I put these songs on....well, I don't really as someone else has already put them up for me. That is, some other blogger has loaded the song and I just link to it....so these links may not always play.

Ryan (don't confuse with Bryan) Adams has quickly become one of my favorite artists. For several years my brother would mention him to me and I would wonder why my brother was listening to Bryan Adams. Ryan Adams is darling of the critics and quite the prolific songwriter. Last year he released 3 albums and one of them was double. This summer he released Easy Tiger. I hate to try to pigeonhole an artist but I would put him in the alt-country category although there is plenty of rock as well....but more than anything he is a songwriter. Some critics have called him the Bob Dylan of this time period (mind you Bob Dylan is still alive and also has a new album out). In honor of this season I chose Halloween Head recorded from a live show this past June in NYC.


No comments: