Tuesday, April 13, 2010

National Education Technology Plan

A little more than a month ago the US Dept. of Education released the National Education Technology Plan. While I have only skimmed it, I certainly liked what I've seen so far. From scanning the bloglines it appears that the experts generally agree with the contents of the plan and are really like what they are reading. However (as others have put it, including Will Richardson) saying and doing are two VERY things. The plan is just the beginning of the conversation....

I wonder when (if) our district will take a look at the plan. My guess is that until the State Dept of Ed. releases their take on the report (ie an updated state plan) our district may take a look at it. Until then I'll just be satisfied with the Wordle I made of the executive summary of the plan.

http://www.ed.gov/technology/netp-2010

No comments: