Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My Professional Learning

What I learned this week....

http://sharetabs.com/?mlr31210c

  1. I learned how to make a Diary of Wimpy kid avatar…
  2. I watched a Scott McLeod presentation to the NEA on disruptive innovation…
  3. I skimmed and then downloaded the latest draft of the new core standards and was pleased to see positive language of said standards…
  4. I skimmed and downloaded the national tech plan and was thrilled that people like Yong Zhao and Will Richardson are pleased wit them…
  5. I learned of typewithme a cool collaborative work tool that is based on the etherpad code…
  6. I learned about crocodoc, a tool that allows you to upload basically almost any file type and then collaborate on that document…
  7. I read the lesson plans the NY Times have put together to help teachers teach about the US Census…
  8. I skimmed a summary study tracking/ability grouping of students…and whether it improves learning or hurts learners and the answer is “yes”.
  9. I saw the Blogger has released a tool that lets people edit and customize their blog design…
  10. I saw that David Pogue of the NY Times really likes Microsoft Live tools…especially LiveMesh and LiveSych which puts MS in the cloud allowing a user to synch files from multiple devices in the cloud…
  11. I discovered a new blog about coffee and only coffee…
  12. I watched a clever video on YouTube….basically the trailer to any Academy Award winning picture.
  13. I looked at Google’s new lesson plans on teaching effective Internet searching…
  14. I found a great infographic on the Megalodon shark and found a comment in the blog about historic 911 calls as a possible engaging project (not to mention the video)….
  15. I found a great video mashup tool that allows you to put your image into another video…what a great writing incentive…

No comments: